How do I come into your Care Home?

You’ll firstly need to be assessed by a NASC assessor from your local DHB. They will assess whether your level of needs require Rest Home Care. If you do need Rest Home Care, you can shop around at our locations. Once you have chosen a Rest Home, you’ll need to sign an admissions agreement as well as an Enduring Powers of Attorney form.

Who pays for my care?

If you cannot fund your care yourself, a needs assessor can set up a means test through Work and Income to see if you meet the criteria for partial or full subsidized care.

What is a care plan?

A care plan is a personal plan that details who you are and what you like to do. It provides valuable information about likes and dislikes, skills, hobbies and medical requirements. A care plan helps us to give you the best, personal care possible.

How will I get my medication?

Our Caregiver staff facilitate all medications and will bring your medication to you when needed.

Can I practice my own cultural beliefs?

We have an open-door policy for residents from all religious and cultural affiliations. Some of our facilities also have their own Chaplin.

Do you have a hairdresser?

Some of our facilities have a hairdresser that comes in on request.

What can I bring for my room?

We want you to feel as comfortable as possible in your own room, so we allow you to bring personal items such as small furniture items and nic nacs to decorate your room to make it feel like yours. We also allow small electrical appliances if they have been tested.

Can I have a TV or SKY in my room?

Permitting the space available, you can bring your own TV for personal use. You may have to pay for an additional charge for a satellite installment if there isn’t one available.

Do you have WiFi?

Yes, we have WiFi available across all of our Care Homes.

Can my family still care for me?

Our job is to care for you, though we do understand the importance of having family around. There are many ways for your family to help care for you, by assisting at meal times, joining in with activities and visiting other residents who don’t get as many visitors.

What kind of food is served?

We have a National Nutritionist approve our menus, while some of our chefs will personalise the menu for added taste etc. We also cater for special dietary requirements. Please contact your local Manager for a current menu.

Can I have alcohol?

Some locations allow alcohol, but please talk to a senior nurse to see if alcohol would interfere with any medications you are taking.

How is my laundry handled?

We have Household Assistants who look after your washing and bedding. It’s important to label all clothing when it is needed to be washed.

How will I spend my day?

We allow for a lot of choice in your day as we want to give you as much independence as possible. There is an activities programme every day, as well as outings throughout the week. It’s up to you how much you would like to participate in, but we give you the option of what you would like to do.

What kind of activities are available?

Each Activity Coordinator at our different facilities will cater activities to what residents want and what is available in the area, but all will follow a programme guideline. Contact your local Manager for a current activities programme.

What is Enduring Power of Attorney?

An Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) is a legal document that protects your wishes and assigns a trusted person (an ‘attorney’) to make decisions on your behalf.

What is a NASC assessor?

A NASC assessor is from the DHB and conducts needs assessments for aged people who may require Rest Home Care. They determine what level of support is needed and what care the person requires.

Hit enter to submit